At the Internet legends about a certain wonder, the price of which the AliExpress – 2 доллара. Наносишь его на экран, и тот становится крепким, как меч Экскалибур. И не повредят такую защиту ни удары молота, ни даже женские ноготки. Ima этому чудо-составу – жидкое стекло.
The introduction to this article, not in vain full of caustic skepticism. Reviews on liquid glass for smartphones mostly bad. Users fire worth marketers argue that after applying the liquid glass not only became better not worse. Let's see, what is this part and why it is so disliked by the owners of the phones.
That represents the liquid glass for a smartphone?
Liquid glass is the emulsion after application to the screen solidifies under the action of hot air and ensures that now sverkhzadacha. The molten glass are attributed to the other "magical" properties – for example, the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and the improvement of sensor response. The thickness of the film formed after curing is just 0,0004 mm – that is, the naked eye can not see. The film fills in all the scratches that were on the screen before, so after processing, the gadget looks like he just rolled off the Assembly line. But it is a theory – or, more precisely, the promises of the marketers.
In USssia in 2020, the most common part of the BROAD Nano Hi-Tech cost about 350 rubles.
Как правильно наносить safety glass?
Supplied to the molten glass it is possible to find small doilies – dry and wet. The first thing you need to wipe the display with a damp cloth – this way we get rid of the greasy residue. Then walk a dry cloth — so there's no moisture. The preparatory stage is very important – if it is bad to handle the screen and leave lint, they will go under safety glass and from there they can't reach.
Next, open the bottle and drip a "bead" of the substance on any part of the surface – for example, on the bottom. Accordingly, this part of the surface are evenly distributed emulsion.
is Not recommended to apply liquid glass directly on the entire surface. Coat the display composition in parts.
When the entire surface is coated with the composition, leave the phone alone for 5-7 minutes. You can speed up the drying process with a hair dryer – put on low mode and direct on the phone. It is important to avoid getting emulsion on the skin – if you still dripped on the hand, immediately rinse with warm water.
Where did the liquid glass and what are its real pros and cons?
For the first time on liquid glass we all heard after a exhibition MWC-2017, where two German scientists managed to impress the audience by presenting to the invention ProtectPax. The assurances of startups, ProtectPax increases the strength of the gadget by 600% and provides 100% protection from anything. To prove it, the guys thrashed on the phone with a hammer – and he really was unharmed.
Due to the spectacular presentation at the startup exhibition has received the support of investors. But after the release of liquid glass on the market had to replace a catchy promotional wording to more modest. Users who choose to repeat the experiment with a hammer at home was, to put it mildly, disappointed with the result. So 100% protection in advertising has become a 99%-ing, but the product remained on the market and even entrenched. There's a YouTube video which proves that the liquid film cannot confront not only the hammer, but even the scissors.
If you compile the reviews of real users and bloggers on YouTube, you can highlight several advantages of liquid glass, which are undeniable:
- Is easy to apply. It really is much easier than, for example, glue shockproof film.
- Does not increase the thickness of the smartphone. On its own the thickness of the coating we have already mentioned – it's tiny.
- Is universal. The emulsion can be treated not only display but also the back surface of the smartphone (if glass), and even the camera lens.
- does Not distort the image on the display of the gadget.
- Do not degrade the performance of the sensor. That is, the finger will slide like the phone without any protection. This is a big advantage in comparison with films that are just unpleasant to the touch.
- Protects from minor scratches. Without fear of wearing the gadget in the same pocket with a bunch of keys.
- A large amount. One tube is calculated, usually on a 7-8 inch screen. Maybe that will be enough to cover smartphone protection and the back and front.
Now let's call cons:
- Does not protect from strong shocks. Forget the hammer – liquid glass can not be saved even after the fall of the smartphone on the floor.
- Should be updated regularly – at least once in 180 days.
- Difficult to control the condition. Users complain that they can't discern whether there was actually liquid glass on the screen or fall off. With films such question.
The protection of the screen of the smartphone liquid glass can hardly be considered reliable. There is no reason to believe that liquid glass really has the properties attributed to him. By whom and how, for example, it is proven that it kills all disease causing organisms?
But the Internet is full of rollers, which are in the nines break most of the arguments in favor of this protection method. Liquid glass does not provide impact resistance – so do not try to hit the screen with a hammer. Even deep scratches to protect it will not. The main advantage of liquid glass compared to the common defence is invisibility. However, users, by contrast, find it uncomfortable: how to be confident in the protection, which can not see? Probably, therefore, of interest to innovation is slowly disappearing.