At the ignorant person the impression that buying a handset with fingerprint sensor will cause only positive emotions. But practice shows that this is not always the case. In today's article we will explain why some people don't use the fingerprint scanner — why he seems useless. But it is impossible not to notice that the sensor has a number of advantages — they also talk.
the Essence of sensor
The words "fingerprint sensor" we mean a small scanner which detects the pattern on the skin applied to it the finger. Previously, such a sensor was too expensive therefore it was applied only to banks, but also some government and military agencies. And the size of the scanner was too great, which none of the smartphone manufacturers did not even think about its implementation. But technology is evolving around 2015, this element has started to be used in all flagship. Moreover, the cost of the fingerprint reader fell sharply, which he began to appear, and not the most expensive devices.
In the first place the fingerprint sensor is designed to protect your smartphone from prying eyes. If the other person will take your device in hand, next lock screen it can't. Imprint any of his fingers will be different, therefore to unlock the phone, he can not. In theory, the scanner can be fooled. But it's such a time-consuming process that can deal with it only the security services, and even then not always.
Also, this sensor is used in security payments. If before confirmation the payment was entered the password, now it to remember is not necessary — enough to put finger on the scanner. It is very convenient! In the same Play Market people do not include proof of payment with a password, as they simply forget. As a result, then they are faced with the fact that their children sometimes completely unconsciously make a lot of purchases of paid apps and games. Using the fingerprint scanner this problem can be solved at the root!
Let's talk about the good smartphones with fingerprint scanner.
- As mentioned above, your child won't unknowingly buy something in Google Play, as he might need to apply your finger to the sensor. Of course, a clever child can bypass the problem by using your hand when you sleep. But children at this age it is better to provide their own tablet or smartphone to the account which is not tied to Bank card.
- unlock with fingerprint is greatly reduced. Surprisingly, some fingerprint sensors are triggered very quickly. Much faster than if you held your finger on the screen.
- Stranger will not be able to access the information contained in the memory of the smartphone. But if you use encryption, the attacker will be unavailable and memory card, even if it is it would be inserted into a card reader of your computer.
- In Android 6.0 support for the fingerprint sensor embedded on the operating system level. This means that you can use a fingerprint in various application. For example, this can be done in the browser, autorizovany on the sites without entering username and password. Again, this is the perfect option for those people who do not want to keep in mind many different passwords, a fingerprint supersedes them all.
Of course, as with any new technology, the fingerprint scanner has a number of drawbacks.
- In a cheap budget smartphone embedded sensors belonging to the first generations of this technology. They process the information long enough — sometimes up to one or even one and a half seconds. There are times when fingerprint is not recognized the first time. If your device has such a sensor, you'd be bored to use to unlock it. After a few days you will prefer other methods, as they allow you to spend less on the process time.
- The fingerprint scanner is not needed the tablet if it is used by several family members. Of course, modern sensors allow you to store the fingerprints of several fingers. But even with this capability, problems can arise when a device wants to take advantage of a child. Each unlock will require the latch finger to the scanner. And not the fact that young boys are consistently recognized. If the device is designed for the entire family, in most cases, the fingerprint scanner will turn off, as it brings additional complexity.
- Is that your smartphone will not be able to take advantage of another person are not only advantages. If something happens, bystanders, medical brigade or police will not be able to call your family members, as they simply will not be able to unlock your phone. However, of all the trouble to think no one wants.
- In smartphones from Apple Inc. all fingerprints are stored in encrypted form. But on devices with Android until the situation was much worse. All these data were stored in local memory in an unprotected form. Some hackers with a strong desire can get access to this information. Luckily, the new smartphones this problem is solved.
Some people the disadvantages indicated above may seem far-fetched. But in fact it is not. While no one would argue with the fact that advantages of smartphones with a fingerprint scanner more. Not for nothing Google has implemented in its operating system support fingerprint sensor at the deepest level. It is not excluded that in the future they will be equipped with even the most cheap smartphones.
in the meantime, be sure to read reviews on the machine that you wish to purchase. If it has an old sensor, users will certainly notice a fact long unlocking using the fingerprint. In this case it is better to consider some other model, a little more modern.
Popular smartphones with a fingerprint sensor
It is assumed that in the future phones with a fingerprint scanner and a great fall in price, therefore, than devices without this sensor have virtually disappeared. And already now the list of such smartphones is large enough. Here are just a few devices:
- Apple iPhone 7 one of the expensive smartphones. Its popularity is so high that you can talk about it in detail makes no sense.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus — this smartphone screen size increased from 4.7 to 5.5 inches. Also, the device can boast dual camera.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 Pro is a relatively inexpensive device with a five-inch screen, whose resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels. The width of the borders on the sides of the display are minimized.
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S — budget smartphone equipped with HD display and 13-megapixel camera. There is support for LTE-Advanced.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge — the device, which sold worldwide in huge numbers. People like and specifications, and curved at the edges an AMOLED display. The smartphone has a great camera, aperture which opens to f/1.7.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 — the second flagship of the South Korean company. Its 5.1-inch display is flat, the corners had not bent. The rest of the device is completely different from his brother, with a note "Edge".
- Apple iPhone SE — budget "Apple" product, if it can be called such at a cost of 25-30 thousand rubles. This is one of the compact smartphones among those that come with decent specifications. Upset here, but the absence of a slot for a memory card.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 — the device has a 13-megapixel camera (f/2.0 aperture) and three gigabytes of RAM. Battery capacity is impressive 4100 mAh.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) — the best ratio of price and quality, if we consider it the South Korean smartphones. In contrast to the predecessor, the device has got a water resistance and an improved camera (resolution of 16 megapixels and aperture f/1.9).
- Meizu M3 Note device present in the market for quite a long time. But it is endowed with quite decent characteristics, therefore the smartphone is a long time to lose its relevance.
- Meizu MX6 — operates with Android 6.0. Has good camera, screen with Full HD resolution, powerful processor decategory and a large number of wireless modules.
- ASUS ZenFone 3 ZE520KL — the device is increased up to 424 PPI pixel density. Built on the basis of eight-core chipset from Qualcomm, and supported by mobile wireless technology is even 802.11 ac Wi-Fi.
- Huawei P9 Lite — this device was created on the basis of eight-processor HiSilicon. Features a 13-megapixel camera that can record video at 60 fps.
- Vernee Thor is one of the most inexpensive devices with support for 4G and a fingerprint scanner on the rear panel. While the creators did not skimp neither on the amount of RAM (3 GB) or processor (8 cores).
- OnePlus 3T — phablet, which is a huge amount of memory. It's all right with him and with all other characteristics. Many specialized publications consider it the best Chinese smartphone.