By default, any smartphone or tablet after pressing the power button allows you to swipe the screen. Only then you will be taken to the desktop. This is done to ensure that the device has not committed any actions on their own, while in your pocket. Google is doing everything to ensure that the lock screen was the most convenient. But sometimes people do wonder how to disable screen lock on Android. This can be done very simply.
Types of lock screens
But first, a little theory. If you completely disable the screen lock, it can lead to some problems. Google for a reason increases the functionality of the screen, allowing him to directly navigate to the photo, to making a call, and sometimes some other features. If you don't like the traditional kind of unlocking the device, why not try another?
At the time of this writing the standard for Android were the following types of locks:
- swipe across the screen — the traditional method of unlocking.
- enter the PIN code is a very old method that is sufficiently protected. The simplest selection PIN does not work here since after a few failed attempts, there is a timer, a new entry will be available only after its expiration.
- pattern — perfect for those who are better memorize visual information and not a set of numbers.
- Fingerprint is the most reliable way to protect information contained on your smartphone. To outwit fingerprint sensor is almost impossible.
- Iris — it will scan embedded in Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. In the future this method of unlocking will be implemented in other flagship devices.
- password is the long method unlock. The password is different from PIN code because it may contain letters and other symbols.
In Google Play you can find many other lock screens. They can use other methods — for example, the solution of mathematical problems. But this is rather an indulgence than a real improvement of the existing system.
Removing the lock screen
If you want to remove the lock screen, you'll have to dig around in the settings. However, you should not be afraid. If you follow our instructions the whole process takes you just a couple of minutes:
Step 1. In settings, choose "Passwords", and then go to "Password».
Step 2. Enter the current password (even if you have selected the input fingerprint) to confirm that you are the owner of the device. Click on the "cut-Off protection" and in the appeared window choose "OK».
After that, the protection is disabled and all stored fingerprints removed. On older devices the procedure will be slightly different:
Step 1. Go to "Settings».
Step 2. Go to the "Security". On some devices, this step is skipped.
Step 3. Select "the Lock screen».
Step 4. click Here "No" or "Is Missing».
This way you can disable the pattern or to remove any other lock screen. Remember, however, that you may be prompted to enter a password or PIN if one was set. This is done for security purposes — what is now in your hands is a foreign smartphone? Therefore, to remove the password from the lock screen without entering it will not work.
What if the graphical key or password forgotten?
It's much more difficult if you forgot the password, PIN or pattern. In this case, you won't even get into settings section. Fortunately, on some devices the problem is solved. Graphic screen lock after several unsuccessful attempts to enter key has to offer to get to the desktop in other ways by entering data from its of Google.
If the device is switched off access to the Internet, you will have to reset it to factory defaults, using the feature of Recovery. User files from the phone will be erased, and all settings. At the same time we will fix the lock screen it will return to its previous state when you need to hold your finger on the display.