In fact, only a few of these apps are really useful and effective. The greatest success in object recognition on a photo reached from Bing Microsoft and Google Lens. They are able to learn not only of flora, but also household items, food, books, and in the case of Google even Lens place.
In addition to these two services there are others that will also help to expand knowledge in naturalistic, but we'll start with leaders, Bing and Google Lens.
Microsoft Bing Search
In its capabilities Bing is inferior to Google, so it is rarely used as the main search engines. But she has a strong side – accurate detection of objects on the photo. When you first launch the app you will see a big search button with the camera and with the microphone icon.
To use Bing as the identity of the plants on the photo:
- Tap on the camera icon.
- Point the lens at you are interested in a flower or any other object.
- Take a picture of it.
After you take a picture, scan it and Bing will provide the three closest to him of the result of search, including image similar to yours.
By the way, the camera will automatically start optional: for recognition can take the ready image from the gallery.
For Android users Google Lens is available as standalone application and iPhone it goes to complete with Google Photos. In both cases, the functionality is the same, but Google Lens to use.
After running the application all screen smartphone will turn into a viewfinder for the camera. To find out the name of a plant (or other object) through the Google Lens:
- Tap on the screen to take a picture.
- Google Lens will display a primary search result for a detected object. It will be accompanied by a photograph, a text description and similar images.
- By clicking on the main photo, you will get on page of Google search with a description of the plant.
If you use Google Photos to iPhone:
- Take a picture with your smartphone camera.
- Open it in Google Pictures.
- Click on the Google Lens in the bottom of the screen.
- In a few seconds the program will determine the name of the plant.
Which is better – Bing or Google Search Lens?
Before proceeding to other useful applications, let's talk about which of these two services to better cope with the desired task.
If judged only on how accurately the app identificeret flora, the leaders knocked Google Lens. Both apps several times are unable to see plants in the form of leaves, but both successfully learn colors, and common, for example, a hydrangea, and less known like Lantana.
With petunias and mint are also problems have arisen. But Bing managed to find out them through similar pictures on the Internet, not through algorithms the app.
Google Lens is characterized in that for detection it takes less time than Bing. Also, the more you use Google Lens, the greater the contribution made to the development of artificial intelligence Google. With this application you can identify not only the objects of nature, but also to copy data from the cards and count the calories in the photo.
But the superiority of Bing over Google Lens is that Microsoft provides more of the similar images. Thus, if the program incorrectly determines the subject, you will have the chance to find it among similar photos.
now consider other applications that will be useful in determining the plant on the photo.
The PictureThis app has free and paid options. Simple navigation, useful tools and accurate search results make it one of the most popular options for recognition of the plants in the photo. In some cases it does the job even better than Bing or Google Lens.
- Each picture you take with the app, saved in the "My collections" in case you need it again.
- Using PictureThis, you can contact the community of enthusiasts-nerds to like, comment on photos and share them.
- The function of Location Services displays on the map the places where you and other users to identify plants. It helps to look at the nature of the desired patterns.
The premium version removes all restrictions on the application and disables the is, but to spend money on it, not necessarily because of the free service, you can get a lot.
Plant Identification ++
This program can be used free or with a premium subscription. USn it, take a new photo or select photo from gallery. The app will search its database and will show possible matches.
the accuracy of the results is high. In addition, if you click on one of the options Plant Identification ++ will redirect you to the corresponding page in Wikipedia.
- After you took a picture of the plant with the application, it would be in the "My collection".
- Subscription provides access to various methods of identification.
In fact it is very quick and easy tool in order to replenish their knowledge about nature. The app privately, it will appeal to those who has no desire to publicly share their findings. The main disadvantage lies in the fact that after the subscription in the app remains advertising, but it is available only for iPhone users.
NatureID allows you to expand knowledge about the world through premium features or a free trial period of 3 days. If we talk about the full functionality, NatureID the same love and experienced naturalists, and ordinary enthusiasts.
When a successful recognition of the plant in the photo, the app will show him the card where you will see:
- place in the classification.
- a List of related species.
- The conditions of life and the data on practical fitness.
- for more information symbol in the culture and use in folklore.
The last section may be the most interesting, as it talks about what the plant meant in the cultures in which literary works was mentioned and what it symbolizes now.
But unfortunately, is available only on iOS.
What to find out the names of plants with the application?
In the first place it's just interesting. Many people in the world who are not indifferent to nature. For them, these app – endless source of knowledge about the world.
The application with recognition of plants and flowers on a photo will take a long time curious child will help to instill in him a respect for nature. And for students it can be of great help when performing research projects and homework.